Senior Back-End Developer
Job Description: Senior Back-End Developer
Location: Redruth, UK or remote with regular visits to Redruth
Swoop are seeking to appoint a Senior Back-End Developer, reporting to the Head of Technology to work as an integral figure within the team. Swoop’s software platform enables large retailers to plan and execute in-store campaigns saving money, reducing waste and opening up new revenue streams. You will be working at the leading edge of client focused marketing technology, in a fast-growing tech start up with world domination plans.
A highly self-motivated person, you’ll have great attention to detail and be able to effectively communicate across all levels.
You’ll need to have excellent technical skills, with an appetite to learn and a commitment to making a difference to our users. You’ll join an agile development team based in Cornwall, working with offices based in North America. We use tools including GitHub, Jira and Slack to communicate effectively, and we encourage collaborative working.
- Developing the software, planning sprints and managing the sprint lifecycle
- Activity managing a Kanban board, ensuring client SLA’s are met
- Supporting the app support team
- Developing products and services with a focus on adding value to our customers
- Working as part of cross-functional agile team
- Writing clean, secure code following a test-driven approach
- Working with other developers to improve processes and code quality
- Leading and helping to plan development on our projects and products
- Having an understanding of all our systems, and sharing this with others on the team
- Demonstrable experience of working as a professional web developer
- Empathy, a pragmatic attitude, and the ability to see the bigger picture
- Experience working with cloud app and data environments
- Experience writing unit tests and/or integration tests and test-driven development
- Experience of working in an agile team focussed on continuous delivery
- Experience using Docker containerization and Git version-control
- Leadership and team management
- 25 days' leave, plus public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life assurance cover
- Free Fruit in the office
- Share Options
Please submit your applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please respect that we do not work with external recruitment agencies.