Job Description: System Administrator
Location: Redruth, UK or remote with regular visits to Redruth
Swoop are seeking to appoint a System Administrator, reporting to the Head of Technology to work as an integral figure within the team. Swoop’s software platform enables large retailers to plan and execute in-store campaigns saving money, reducing waste and opening up new revenue streams. You will be working at the leading edge of client focused marketing technology, in a fast-growing tech start up with world domination plans.
A highly self-motivated person, you’ll have great attention to detail and be able to effectively communicate across all levels.
You’ll need to have excellent technical skills, with an appetite to learn and a commitment to making a difference to our users. You’ll join an agile development team based in Cornwall, working with offices based in North America. We use tools including GitHub, Jira and Slack to communicate effectively, and we encourage collaborative working.
- Developing products and services with a focus on adding value to our customers
- Activity managing a Kanban board, ensuring client SLA’s are met
- Supporting the app support team
- Working as part of cross-functional agile team
- Working with other developers to improve processes and code quality
- Leading and helping to plan projects and products
- Having an understanding of all our systems, and sharing this with others on the team
- Experience of working and communicating with a remote team having different skill sets
- Empathy, a pragmatic attitude, and the ability to see the bigger picture
- Experience using Git version-control, Docker, Jenkins, Nginx and Linux
- Experience working with Google App Engine and Datastore plus one other cloud provider
- Experience debugging, troubleshooting and ensuring SLAs are met
- Implementing and supporting continuous integration and delivery solutions
- Implementing integration tests using Cucumber, Selenium or similar
- Understanding of Kubernetes or similar orchestration experience
- 25 days' leave, plus public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life assurance cover
- Free Fruit in the office
- Share Options
Please submit your applications to: email@example.com
Please respect that we do not work with external recruitment agencies.